Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do I Connect with Colleagues Before the Conference?
- How Do I Download Conference Apps?
- How Do I Expand the Acronym for UNC CAUSE?
- How Do I Find a List of Executive Team Members?
- How Do I Find a List of Planning Team Members?
- How Do I Find More Information About Special Interest Groups?
- How Do I Find the Conference Schedule?
- How Do I Find UNC CAUSE on Social Media?
- How Do I Generate Interest for an Unconference Session?
- How Do I Get Involved?
- How Do I Know What Meals Are Included with Registration?
- How Do I Locate Keynote Speaker Information?
- How Do I Register a Group or someone other than myself?
- How Do I Submit a Help Request?
- How many booth participants or attendee badges are included with my registration?
- Is there a floor plan for the venue? Room capacities?
- I am a Gold or Silver sponsor – where do I submit presentation information?
- How many attendees will you expect this year?
- Does UNC CAUSE have a lead retrieval system?
- Where will the event be located?
- Will vendors be provided a list of attendees?
- What are the WiFi and power options available at the conference?
- I haven’t heard from the conference exhibit team. Who do I contact?
- When is vendor hall setup and teardown?
Questions & Answers
How Do I Connect with Colleagues Before the Conference?
- Join the conversation in Slack by using your .edu email address to register
- Browse channels and start discussions in the UNC CAUSE Slack Workspace
- Register for a Special Interest Group!
How Do I Download the Conference App?
Visit the Sched to download the conference mobile app.
Please Note: A Sched account is required to view full schedule details. You must register for the conference before being invited to Sched and use the same email address for both. We appreciate your patience while we manually add new Sched accounts.
How Do I Expand the Acronym for UNC CAUSE?
University of North Carolina College and University Systems Exchange.
How Do I Find a List of Executive Team Members?
Please see the UNC CAUSE Governance page for a list of executive team members.
How Do I Find a List of 2023 Planning Team Members?
- Conference President – Ron Bradley (NCSU)
- Conference Past-President – Sara Smith (WCU)
- Conference Co-chair – Dustin Gragg (NCSU)
- Conference Co-chair – Ashley Adams (UNCW)
- Communication Co-Chair – Gabbi Ferguson (NCSU)
- Communications Co-chair – Katie McInerney (NCSU)
- Program Co-Chair – Hector Molina (UNCFSU)
- Program Co-Chair – Vacant
- SIG Ambassador – Kevin McClain (UNCG)
- Vendor Chair – Chris Deaton (NCSU)
- Vendor Team – Wayne Fee (App State)
- Vendor Team – Martin Moore (App State)
- Vendor Team – Harry Nicholos – Volunteer
- App State Conference Services Representative – Marissa Winkler
- App State Conference Services Representative – Kristina Pugh
- Campus Conference Liaison – Justin Fleming (NCSSM)
- Campus Conference Liaison- Dali Hiltebeitel (UNCW)
- Campus Conference Liaison – Anne Ogg (UNC Asheville)
- Conference Support – Lauren Brant (UNCW)
- Conference Support – JD Currie (UNCP)
- Conference Support – Tony Grant (App State)
- Conference Support – Sue Grider (WCU)
- Conference Support – Nathan Harmer (NCSSM)
- Conference Support – Ed Ledford (WCU)
How Do I Find More Information About Special Interest Groups?
Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are comprised of individuals from a UNC CAUSE member institution that share a common interest around a topic or technology prevalent across our organization.
These groups typically meet at the conference, so check the SIG track on the schedule!
How Do I Find the Conference Schedule?
How Do I Find UNC CAUSE on Social Media?
Tag us using hashtag #UNCCAUSE2023!
How Do I Generate Interest for an Unconference Session?
We invite you to join the #2023-unconference channel in Slack to generate interest for your unconference session. This is where you can connect with other UNC CAUSE attendees that have a shared interest and want to discuss that topic in-person at the conference.
Please Note: Unconference meeting rooms are first come, first serve. Traditionally, there are whiteboards outside of an unconference meeting room to sign-up.
What is an Unconference session?
An Unconference session is a participant-driven meeting based on a topic that they would like to discuss with their peers. There is no set presentation, all attendees are welcome attendees, and the everyone is welcome to talk freely about the suggested topic.
How Do I Get Involved?
We’d love to have you join the planning team! Reach out to us through the Contact Us page.
How Do I Know What Meals are Included with Registration?
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on October 26
- Breakfast on October 27
How Do I Locate Keynote Speaker Information?
How Do I Register a Group or Someone Other than Myself?
Please use the group registration form to register two or more people, or to register someone other than yourself.
How Do I Submit a Help Request?
How Do I Download the Speaker Slide Template?
The speaker slide template will be available in August. Stay Tuned!
How Do I Locate the Slack Channel for Presenters?
There will be a private channel for speakers once presentations have been selected for the schedule.
How many booth participants or attendee badges are included with my registration?
This depends on the tier you picked in your IRIS registration when you submitted your payment. You can review this as well as purchase additional participant registrations by logging in at https://appstate.irisconference.com/Client/Home. For reference:
- Gold sponsors: 4 attendees including presenter
- Silver sponsors: 3 attendees including presenter
- Bronze sponsors: 2 attendees
Additional booth participants / attendee badges cost $150 per person. We do ask vendors to be cognizant of the number of attendees they bring, as we want to ensure we have adequate seating in sessions for all attendees.
Submit all expected booth participants using this form: https://2023.unccause.org/sponsor-booth-participants/. Note that you should have already registered for the conference before you submit participants. If you need to purchase more, you can do that via the registration form. Alternatively you can reach out to Marissa Winkler.
Is there a floor plan for the venue? Room capacities?
The Marriott Winston-Salem website includes capacity breakdowns and floor plans. You can find out which room you will be in via the UNC CAUSE schedule which has been updated with vendor session information.
I am a Gold or Silver sponsor – where do I submit presentation information?
Vendor presentation information can be submitted via the following form: https://2023.unccause.org/vendor-prez/
How many attendees will you expect this year?
This year is exciting because it will be the first in-person event for UNC CAUSE since 2019. In that year, we saw nearly 500 attendees from across the UNC system, all coming from various IT backgrounds and professions, as well as CIO/CTO/CSOs. Our online format was extremely popular, attracting over 900 attendees despite being virtual. As we believe the in-person event provides a significant value in terms of networking and collaboration, we anticipate the turnout to be on par with previous years.
Does UNC CAUSE have a lead retrieval system?
UNC CAUSE does not currently utilize a formal lead retrieval system. However, attendee name placards will include a QR-encoded vCard that should hopefully streamline the process of collecting contact information both for our attendees and vendors wanting to engage after the conference.
Where will the event be located?
UNC CAUSE 2023 will be held at the Benton Convention Center located at 301 W 5th St in Winston-Salem, NC.
Will vendors be provided a list of attendees?
Yes, however, out of respect for the privacy of our attendees, we will only provide this information at the conclusion of the conference.
What are the WiFi and power options available at the conference?
WiFi will be provided by the conference venue with coordination by the conference services team, Hollins, in conjunction with the Benton Convention Center. Wired connections will be provided as indicated by request in your conference registration. Power strips will also be available for vendor booths.
I haven’t heard from the conference exhibit team. Who do I contact?
UNC CAUSE has contracted with Hollins Exposition Services to assist with vendor support during the event. More contact information coming soon.
[Return to Top]
Vendor hall setup and teardown
The vendor hall will be open to vendors at 9AM on October 25th, and will open to attendees at 12PM. Teardown will begin after 5PM on October 26th. The vendor hall will not be open to vendors or attendees on October 27th.